Monday, November 17, 2008

"6 Things" with a theme

Urban Animal just did one of those "6 things" posts where you list 6 quirks and I thought maybe it would be fun to do this with a theme. I chose "sleeping" but go ahead and do this with any theme you want: travel, clothes, bananas, sick days... whatever you come up with.
~
Here are six of my sleeping quirks (and I had to really narrow this down):

1. I use two zip-up pillow covers between my pillow and pillow case. It's a hassle every Monday when I wash the sheets, but I feel like my face needs to be that far away from the pillow to thwart the dust mites.

2. When it's chilly, I make a "hat" around my head with the beadspread (pictured above - the bedspread is light green, the other part is a quilt my grandmother made for me in 1984).

3. I have to start out on my right side (also pictured above).

4. I have to have a glass of water, a tube of Carmex, and a box of Kleenex next to me.

5. At home I only sleep in panties. If it is really really cold, I add socks.

6. If someone calls and wakes me up and asks me if they woke me up, I always say, "Yes, but it's okay, I'll go right back to sleep." And I do.

9 comments:

Scarlet said...

Interesting! I like the quilt, btw.

As for the Carmex, I had to click on the link because I had no idea what it was and for a min. there, after reading it was a "tube," I had all these obscene thoughts going through my head. (I know, I know...shame on me!) :)

Ian Lidster said...

Sweet dreams always to you. I need my earplugs and sleep mask close at hand, just in case. I too start on my right side. I try not to think about dust mites.

ticknart said...

I do the "hat" thing too, but mine ends up looking more like the hood on an Eskimo coat, with my chin tucked into my chest to hold it down.

Cycling Goddess said...

Interesting, I may do that too. We have a few things in common :)

geewits said...

Scarlet,
~~I can't imagine not knowing what Carmex is. I've been using it for almost 30 years and have a tube in 3 rooms as well as my purse. You should google it. There are a lot of crazy rumors about it out there.

Ian,
~~I use earplugs sometimes. My husband needs white noise and always has a little fan running and some nights it sounds like an airplane engine to me.

Ticknart,
~~That sounds cute!

Urban Animal,
~~I think most people have lots of sleeping habits and probably don't think about them really.

VioletSky said...

I cannot stand anything near my head except the pillow - no hat, no cat.

I'm often too lazy to turn out the lights before falling asleep, so I have low watt light bulbs in all my lamps.

Jazz said...

I sleep without the bottom but I need a top. If I don't have something directly on my skin I freeze within minutes.

Anonymous said...

I didn't what Carmex was either -- sounds auto-related, but now that I know it's for soft lips, I have to wonder why you need to soften your lips so often during the night? I get very anxious if I don't have a glass of water next to me at all times, day or night.

geewits said...

VioletSky,
~~I don't have a light problem, my husband goes to bed about 4 hours before I do, so it's already dark in there.

Jazz,
~~No bottom at all? I have weird dreams if I sleep completely nude.

Xup,
~~I'm the same way. I have to have something to drink at all times. I used to dread my daughter's school plays because no drinks were allowed in the auditorium - same with ballets, operas and regular plays. Oh, and the Carmex? When I wake up thirsty, my lips are dry.