Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

I had a nice lazy holiday weekend. Besides making dinner every night and lunch one day, all I did was some plant work. And that was on Sunday. I had some sort of bug bites on my feet and didn't sleep well Friday night so I mostly napped on Saturday. Saturday night we watched Eragon, which was a fun silly movie. It was a little irritating because from scene to scene it would be night and day and then night again. Was it just cheaply edited or was a lot of time supposed to be passing? It was confusing.
~
On Sunday My Sweetie was out doing all sorts of yard work. Mostly trimming bushes, so I figured it was time to do something I had been thinking about for a while. I wanted to move a coleus from a small pot into the ground and then use the pot to plant some coleus cuttings that were rooting in water. That poor thing in the water was left in there too long and had a GIANT ball of roots but was looking rather sickly. I got all my stuff ready and then went out front to get My Sweetie to dig my big hole in the ground. He was standing in the garage with a really weird look on his face. I said, "Are you about ready to dig the hole?" He said, "Well, I guess so, I can't trim anymore. I cut the cord in half." Can you imagine. He ran the electric trimmer right through the power cord! I said, "Now you know why I'm so umcomfortable when you go on the roof." The planting work was hot and I decided to get in the spa. So I did:

I played with my wind-up lobster.

And my wind-up fish.

And drank beer.

~
I didn't even realize that it was the first time I was in the spa all year. But it makes sense now because it rained every day for almost two months and that made it turn green. And, well, I don't know why I didn't get in after that. It's kind of funny that Labor Day marks the end of summer and it was my first time to get in. I'm sort of backwards that way.
~
I didn't really do anything today except look at classic paintings on The Web Gallery of Art and chat on the phone. Tonight we watched The Philadelphia Story because I decided last year it would be a new tradition. I love that movie. And now the long weekend is over. Back to work you guys!

8 comments:

Jazz said...

I'm liking your weekend....

Ian Lidster said...

The spa looks very inviting. And, a wind-up lobster. What could be better?

JR's Thumbprints said...

WARNING: Don't let Ivan get ahold of your hot tub photos. Take it from me, I know from experience. I'm still traumatized over the whole thing. Ask Josie, she'll tell ya.

Scarlet said...

I'd like to have that kind of weekend...only I don't have a spa. :(

I'm glad you had a good time with you wind-up toys. LOL Oh and the beer! :)

Jo said...

Geewits, those pictures are adorable...!!!

Geewits has cheesecake on her blog!

Oh, and tell JR, we'll have to send Ivan over... Heh.

Cheers,
Josie

Anonymous said...

Well, you look better in a hot tub than JR in a hot tub.
(I stole a photo of JR illegally hot-tubbing at his absentee neighbour's place about a year ago).
You never know about JR.

Watch out for periscopes. Your
wind-up fish is in danger!

Ivan

geewits said...

Jazz,
But you don't seem like the lazy type. At least not according to your "things I've done" and "things I want to do" lists.

Ian,
I can't seem to grow up. I LOVE toys. I keep asking for a kid's rock polisher but I haven't gotten one yet.

JR,
I remember your hot tub pictures. What did Ivan do with them?

geewits said...

Scarlet,
Wind-up toys and beer. It almost sounds dirty.

Josie,
I think I'm about 10 years too old for cheesecake. Hey! How did you make italics on here?

Ivan,
Just what did you do with JR's hot tub picture?