Friday, April 04, 2008

Random Somesense

I guess in a lot of ways, I am like a guy. And that's good when it comes to fixing things, changing tires etc., and using logic over emotion, but it's not always so good when it comes to going to the doctor. I mentioned in an earlier post that I finally made an appointment with my doctor to get a referral for a hand doctor for my thumb. The thumb that has not been good for like 4 or 5 months. Well my thumb has been killing me lately and I was all mad at myself for waiting so long, but then something good came of it. I made the appointment last Wednesday (meaning not this most recent past Wednesday) for an appointment tommorrow (Friday) because my doctor is apparently VERY popular. Well, what happened was, since then I have developed a new problem which, although I am not a doctor, I play one in my house, is a urinary tract infection of some sort. I said a while back that I would not discuss peeing, but since this is medical pee, I gave myself an exemption. I mean I would never post about doing mushrooms in 1979 and waking up in a park and peeing on a duck. Because that would be wrong on so many levels, the first of which is it didn't happen. Although ducks feathers do repel liquid. But really, that's neither here nor there. And I promise it really didn't happen. (No animals were harmed in the goofiness of the last couple of sentences.)
~
So what I'm going to do is cause a lot of problems for random strangers. When I go into the doctor's office, they will call me back to hall 3 to weigh me and when they do, I will say, "Uhm, since I made this appointment, I have had a bit of pee trouble and will need one of your little pee cups." This is what causes delays in doctors' offices. A hand doctor referrral probably should take about 10 minutes. But now I will have to pee in a cup, describe those symptoms along with my thumb symptoms and wait for the results. My bad. And in case you thought doctors just overbooked like airlines, you were wrong. Well, in most cases.
~
Speaking of airlines, I booked my Vancouver trip (YAY! YIPPEEE!) in early February and although my next trip is only 13 days later, I did not book our flights until today. Unfortunately the best flight to Wilmington, N.C. leaves here at 10:05 a.m. That will seem like nothing to most of you but I normally sleep until noon except on Wednesdays when I have to get up at 8:30. So on THAT day I will have to get up at 6:45 and that will be horrible. Fortunately I can sleep on a plane quite easily. But 6:45? Ack! Maybe my Vancouver trip will help turn my clock around a little bit. I normally wake up earlier on vacations and Vancouver is already 2 hours earlier, so if I can stick to that, maybe that 6:45 a.m. wake up won't be so bad.
~
On a lighter note, it was lizard city around here today. I saw these two guys just outside my garage side door by the garbage cans. Or maybe it's a guy chasing a girl?

Then from the same spot where I was standing I saw this guy, through the garage door windows, on top of my mailbox:And this is just a cute picture of Barney from tonight. Although he weighs 15 pounds, he still acts like a kitten and is always chasing his tail. Tonight when he caught his tail, he somehow also caught his foot:

11 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Barney is really really ute!
Good luck at the Doctors...I hope he can figure out both problems!
It is a drag to have stuff wrong with your body, isn't it?

Cycling Goddess said...

You sleep till noon???? wow... lucky you... I consider myself lucky when the cat lets me sleep till 8 on weekends!!

Barney is just too cute, I want to hug him.

Good luck at the doctors.

Tai said...

Let's hope all is remedied for your much anticipated Vancouver trip!
(So. Excited!)

Jo said...

Barney is the world's cutest cat. I'm so glad he adopted you.

Good luck at the doctors. Keep us posted. And I promise you, when you come to Vancouver, I will not let you pee on any ducks. The wretched geese however? That's another story. Anything to get rid of them!

geewits said...

Naomi,
~~Yes it is!

Sylvie,
~~Your cat is nice. My friend's cats wake her around 6:30 every morning.

Tai,
~~No kidding. If I need surgery on my thumb, I want to get it NOW so I'll be all back to normal for my trip.

Josie,
~~So Vancouver has giant spiders and wretched geese? By the way, can you get iced tea in restaurants there? I don't know why I was wondering about that today.

Jo said...

Geewits, yes, we can get ice tea here. In fact, the Boathouse makes the best ice tea, and also the White Spot. We just have to go outside and chip the ice off the igloos.

Kidding! Kidding!

Dave said...

Wow... Such a contract with that green lizard compared to the grey one!

Now for your doctor stuff... I really hope that your thumbs get better (all three of them!). Here in Ontario, it can take up to three months just to get in with a doctor!! Sheesh!

Have a great weekend Geewits!

Carole said...

'(No animals were harmed in the goofiness of the last couple of sentences.)'
Hahaha...You've got me totally guessing about that whole mushroom/duck story? I sure hope you get some relief with that thumb soon. You'll want that thumb when you travel. Ha! I haven't seen any of those bright green lizards. Oooh...I'm glad you got a picture!

Leslie: said...

And you'll have to come over to my igloo to visit, too. Wear your parka though because if I put too much wood on the fire, the house will melt. kidding!

geewits said...

Okay Josie and Leslie,
~~I was never one of those people that thought Canadians lived in igloos. I thought it was just a giant version of Minnesota. Or Montana. Or one of those states. And now I know better and in almost 8 weeks I will know even better!

Dave,
~~Three months!?? So it's free but not easy. I'd rather have easy. Those lizards were actually chameleons (not the one on the mailbox), and I think one was just a little slow.

Carole,
~~Seriously, I totally made that up just to be goofy. Well, okay in 1979, I used to go to Trinity Park when I was buzzed (not mushrooms!) and watch the ducks for a couple of hours. They're actually fun to watch. Or maybe they just were back then.
You haven't seen the chameleons yet? It's lizard city over here. Maybe they are afraid of Scout.

Cycling Goddess said...

geewits ~ it's not "free" per se, we pay through our taxes, and in the case of Ontario, a surtax on our income tax (I pay $600 cdn a year). When you're lucky to have a good health plan at work, you get in much quicker. Sometimes going through health care is fast, sometimes it's slower, depends on what's needed.