Monday, March 27, 2006

The Beginning of Some Ends (part 2)

I realized after posting part 1 of this explanation of how I got divorced twice, I was going into way too much detail. Maybe part of that is I don't want to really relive it all minute by minute, but anyway, I've decided to condense a bit more.

Well, I found out I was pregnant. The first person we told was my brother, as he was also our roommate. Then I called my Dad. Well Dad called the airlines right then and had a flight to come in the next afternoon. We had a weird weekend. Dad seemed okay about it, but my brother was FREAKED. So just before Christmas, we came home one afternoon and my brother had moved out without saying a word. And he took the couch. Well Husband #1 or H#1 did not have a job, (we were living off his inheritance) so he began job hunting. He was an EE and soon got a job at TI. He was to start work on a Monday in early January, so we realized we needed to get married before he started work. It was all last minute, and we were going to get married that Friday, then realized it was a Friday the 13th, so we went for Thursday the 12th. We decided this on Wednesday the 11th. The very next month, we moved to an apartment in a suburb just north of Dallas. We lived there until I had Kate. I don't know what you may know about stress, but I can tell you that it is not a good idea to move to a new house while you are in the hospital giving birth. I was in the hospital 5 days and during that time H#1 moved us into a nice little rental that belonged to his aunt.

I should mention here that the day I left the hospital with my new baby girl Kate was August 28. That was just over a year from meeting H#1 at the river. In other words, things had moved VERY quickly. We settled in and were doing okay, but wanted a larger place of our own. About a year later we bought a house. It was a fixer-upper starter and we spent a lot of time working on it, between that and taking care of Kate there was not a lot of free time.

I can't pinpoint a day or a thing, but suddenly I found H#1 very icky. He did that snot snort/hock/spit thing that I found overwhelmingly repulsive. His laugh made me want to gag. We had only one bathroom and he would come into the bathroom and poop while I was taking a shower. It's hard to feel clean when you smell poop. I noticed that although he was very nice to me, he was VERY rude to other people. Including my Mom. I think the clincher was when we were visiting his grandmother and he stepped out the back door onto a newborn kitten and killed it. I KNOW it was an accident, but it seemed so pointless and stupid on his part. Who doesn't look down when they step out of a door? Our sex life became horrible. One Saturday afternoon, I walked into the bedroom after having a shower, Kate was in the front yard playing with the neighbor kid and he said, "Kate's outside and you're naked, let's do it." I said, "Is that your idea of foreplay?" I was disgusted. Shortly thereafter I read a magazine article about sex and foreplay. It said to approach the subject when nothing is going on. On a nice weekend afternoon I said, "I want to talk to you about something." Then I very calmly said, "I would really enjoy sex more if there was some foreplay." He said "YOU,YOU, YOU. It's always about you!" I was in shock. And pretty much decided that was the end of that.......

No comments: